Monday, May 18, 2009

Where's the popcorn :(

Since I'm a freelancer (read....unemployed) I have a lot of time to watch movies. To take a page from my friend Tommy Cary (read his blog too), here is my rundown of recent movies I've seen through Netflix or in theaters and what I've thought.

Netflix -

Weeds (Seasons 1-3) - Awesome show that follows a housewife who jumps into the drug trade to let her family continue living their cushy southern California life after the sudden death of her husband. Still waiting on Seasons 4 and 5 through Netflix... (9/10)

City of God - I like movies with subtitles, makes me feel like I'm reading a book at the same time, mom would be proud. Follows a young boy in Rio de Janeiro through the slum life on his journey to become a photographer. Subtitled in English, Portuguese is spoken throughout. (8/10)

There Will Be Blood - Eh, kind of boring. Everyone loves a "I drink your milkshake" reference though... (5/10)

WALL-E - Pixar can do no wrong. A robot love story. A warning to the ever-increasing sedentary lifestyle of people. Awesome movie. (10/10)

Theater
-

X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment